The ‘Play’ Button: The Most Compelling Call to Action on the Internet
The mortgage process can be downright complex and confusing at times. We can all agree on this. There are numerous steps to navigate, a variety of documents to complete, and many loan-specific terms to understand. You can share a flyer or brochure with a customer that explains the ins and outs of the process—or direct them to a landing page that accomplishes the same—but text can be tricky, as there are many ways people can interpret what they read.
So, what if we told you there is a more impactful way to explain the mortgage process to your customers? And in a way that is both engaging and personal?
What we are referring to is video marketing, a content-delivery solution that has emerged as one of the most popular on the Internet. With a compelling, informative online video, you can more clearly and more thoroughly explain the mortgage process to a customer.
People typically gain a better of understanding of a product or service when they see and hear it explained to them. Additionally, video marketing is a powerful way to form relationships with your customers. Sharing helpful information about a process as complex as securing a mortgage shows that you care about their financial well-being and wish them to enjoy a stress-free loan experience.
But really, this is just the beginning. Ready to learn more?
An increasingly popular medium
Video marketing has surged in popularity over the past decade. Wyzowl released its annual State of Video Marketing survey and the numbers showed that the video marketing landscape continues to grow in 2021. Here were the key findings:
· 86% of businesses used video as a marketing tool.
· 93% of marketers who used video said that it is an important component of their overall marketing strategy.
· 87% of video marketers reported that video gave them a positive return on investment—a significant increase from the 33% who said the same in 2015 (the first year of Wyzowl’s survey).
· 84% of video marketers said video has been effective for generating leads.
· Nearly eight out of ten marketers felt that video has a direct, positive impact on sales.
· 94% of marketers said that videos have helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
Wyzowl’s survey also revealed that the COVID-19 pandemic did little to slow video marketing’s rise in popularity. The economic recession brought on by the pandemic forced countless companies to slash staff and budgets, impacting the volume of video content marketing departments produced. However, on the positive side, lockdowns and stay-at-home orders meant the demand and consumption of video content greatly accelerated.
A significant boost in lead generation. A positive impact on sales. An increase in user understanding. As the above statistics show, a company that includes video content strategies in an overall marketing plan will see numerous benefits. Here is how video content delivers these benefits:
· Better brand connectivity. Video content can humanize a company’s brand and help establish a strong connection with a customer. And when a customer is emotionally triggered, they are more likely to purchase a company’s product or service.
· Increased landing page conversions. Adding video content to a landing page prolongs the time visitors spend on a website, which means better site “stickiness” and a motivation to navigate to other areas of your website.
· Enhanced marketing flexibility. Content that starts as video can be easily converted to audio and shared with audience as a podcast. An audio file can then be converted to text and posted as a blog post on a company’s website. So, with one video you can deliver content in three separate mediums, vastly expanding your marketing reach.
· Improved social media presence. Video is one of the most shareable forms of marketing content. People who enjoy your content will share it on social media platforms—where the content can then be re-shared by others, delivering further exposure to your brand.
· More diverse content choices. When it comes to video subject matter, the possibilities are limitless. Video can be used to launch a new product or service, to share an important announcement from a company’s CEO or founder, to provide testimonials from satisfied customers, or to explain the ins and outs of a specific product.
Make your video marketing plans a reality
For mortgage lenders considering video content strategies, the possibilities are also limitless. A video explaining the process of securing a home loan, to cite the example from this blog post’s opening, is just the beginning. How about an informative and engaging video for first-time buyers that details the steps to purchasing a home? Or a friendly introductory video that includes background on available loan programs and testimonials from happy customers?
When you work with Volly and take advantage of our Creative Services team, your video marketing plans—no matter how complex or challenging—will become a reality. We offer:
· An experienced team of marketing writers, designers, and developers. We can produce video content that will separate your company from your competitors and help you secure more borrower business.
· A collaborative approach to video content creation. Our team will work closely alongside your marketing folks to ensure the best results.
· A team that is deeply versed in brand management. Our clients rave about the high standard of quality that we uphold.
As the saying goes, seeing is believing. And in today’s video content-heavy world, believing is selling. Ready to work with Volly?