Seven Tips for Video Marketing Success
As the time-honored saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.
So, what then is video worth?
As a medium, video has become the most popular online choice for content consumption. And for marketers, it has emerged as a popular solution for content delivery. In short, video gives marketers the ability to connect with people in a creative and compelling way that text simply doesn’t. It’s perfect for engaging with leads, building stronger relationships with existing customers, and strengthening the content associated with a brand.
So just how popular is video content? Each year Wyzowl releases its State of Video Marketing Survey, which offers insight on how the video marketing landscape is changing and growing. In December, the company surveyed close to 600 marketing professionals and online consumers to update its 2021 data. Here were the key findings:
- Eighty-six percent of businesses used video as a marketing tool; meanwhile, 92% of marketers who utilized video said that it is an important component of their overall marketing strategies.
- Eighty-seven percent of marketers reported that video gave them a positive return on investment—a significant increase from the 33% who said the same in 2015 (the first year of Wyzowl’s survey).
- Eighty-six percent of marketers said video has been effective for generating leads, up 2% from 2021.
- Eighty-one percent felt that video has a direct, positive impact on sales.
- Ninety-four percent responded that video has helped increase user understanding of their product or service.
- Sixty-four admitted that the COVID-19 pandemic has impacted their video marketing plans for 2022. Of these respondents, three-quarters said the pandemic made it more likely they would create video.
So yes, video has come to dominate today’s marketing landscape. Still, despite its growing popularity as a content-delivery solution, many video marketers utilizing this medium are not seeing the results they desire. We pulled together a list of helpful video marketing tips. Check it out!
1. Create a posting schedule
2. Develop the right content
Creating a unique and compelling video starts with developing the right content for your audience. You want to avoid focusing on your brand or on driving sales and instead, give viewers content that is valuable to them. Here are popular topics:
- Behind the scenes/meet the team. Let leads and customers get to know your brand and the folks behind it as well as your company’s core values and mission statement.
- Educational. An informative and easy-to-follow how-to video can improve your brand’s credibility and trustworthiness.
- Interview. Sharing interviews with experts or thought leaders is a terrific way to help you become an authority in your industry.
- Announcements. This can be anything from information on a new product to the details of a new office location to the specifics on an upcoming event you are hosting.
- Testimonials. Leads want to know how your product solves their specific problem. One of the best ways to show this is with video testimonials from satisfied, loyal customers.
3. Craft the right subject lines
4. Go with static images
5. Pay attention to placement
6. Use videos on landing pages
7. Be flexible with your marketing efforts
Make your video marketing plans a reality
For mortgage lenders considering video content strategies, the possibilities are limitless. How about an explainer video that details the process of securing a home loan? Or an informative and engaging video for first-time buyers that clarifies the steps to purchasing a home? Or a friendly introductory video that includes background on available loan programs and testimonials from happy customers?
When you work with Volly and take advantage of our Creative Services team, your video marketing plans—no matter how complex or challenging—become a reality. We offer:
- An experienced team of marketing writers, designers, and developers. We produce video content that separates a company from their competitors, allowing them to secure more borrower business.
- A collaborative approach to video content creation. Our team works closely with a company’s marketing department to ensure the best results.
- A full library of video content. In addition to custom solutions, we offer a library of content that be easily (and cost-effectively) updated to showcase a company’s brand.
- A team that is deeply versed in brand management. Our clients rave about the high standard of quality that we uphold.
As the saying goes, seeing is believing. And in today’s video content-heavy world, believing is selling.